Contact: HR Recruiter (712-852-5167)
Location: Emmetsburg, Iowa
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor completes daily maintenance operations and activities in an assigned area, which includes all Wild Rose facilities, parking lots, and streets. Inspects and troubleshoots maintenance work; and performs related work as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacts professionally with the public and staff; maintains effective working relationships and works in cooperation with the management team to effectively meet departmental objectives.
- Responds to emergencies as requested; utilizes resources to affect repair and ensure the safety of the guests and staff.
- May perform a variety of maintenance tasks.
- Prepares records related to the work performed and materials and supplies used.
- Attends all company required training.
- Complies with all Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission Rules and Regulations and
- any other local, state, or federal guidelines
- Adheres to all safety guidelines
- Meets company attendance requirements
- Uses good guest services skills as identified in the Personalized Outrageous Guest Service Program
Qualifications and Requirements: Must be able to obtain and retain a gaming license. Must be able to satisfactorily complete a Physical Capacity Profile test for this position. Must maintain a valid Driver’s license to operate licensed company vehicles. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Special Attendance Requirements: The Wild Rose Casino and Resort is in operation seven days a week, 365 days a year. Employees will be required to work days, evenings, weekends, holidays, split shifts, and overtime. We are not able to work around outside activities or other jobs unless it is agreed to, in writing, at time of hire.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma/GED required. Work related experience desirable. National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) is desirable.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:Must possess strength, stamina and mobility to perform heavy physical work indoors/out of doors in all weather conditions and with exposure to potentially hazardous conditions. May use varied hand and power tools, drive a motor vehicle; lift and move materials and equipment manually and occasionally moving heavier weights with the use of proper equipment; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone and/or radio. Exert 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly. Must work overtime as required. Must be willing to work out of doors in all weather conditions and with exposure to potentially hazardous conditions. The employee works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to cold temperatures and vibrations. Requires working with freezer, walk in cooler, beer cooler, air conditioning and outdoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud.
Critical features of this job are described under the heading listed on the job description. Nothing in this job description restricts Wild Rose’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at anytime.