Contact: HR Recruiter (712-852-5167)
Location: Emmetsburg, Iowa
Responsible for quality restaurant food production in Emmet’s Grill and Dunigan’s. Needs to have basic knowledge of standard kitchen equipment, food safety and proper sanitation procedures, capable of handling multiple tasks at any given time, good communication skills are a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare high quality food in a timely manner to meet/exceed guest expectations
- Use guest service skills as identified in the Personalized Outrageous Guest Service Program
- Explain to guests the features and benefits of Wild Rose Casino & Resort
- Maintain health, safety and sanitation levels for food service
- Follow sanitation practices for cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen equipment and areas
- Prepare requisition for food supplies
- Must be safety conscious, and adhere to all company rules at all times
- Meet proper department uniform, appearance and grooming standards
- Meet company attendance requirements
Qualifications and Requirements: Must be able to obtain and retain a gaming license. Must be able to satisfactorily complete physical capacity profile test for this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation. Able to work independently. Servsafe certification required
Special Attendance Requirement: The Wild Rose Casino & Resort is in operation seven days a week, 365 days a year. Employees will be required to work days, evenings, weekends, holidays, split shifts, and overtime. We are not able to work around outside activities or other jobs unless it is agreed to, in writing, at time of hire.
Education/Experience: Prior food preparation experience desirable. High School Degree or GED required.
Physical Demands\Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to bend, walk and stand for periods of time. The employee must exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly. Must carry out duties using proper equipment. The employee is exposed to cold temperatures and vibrations. Requires working within freezers, walk in coolers, beer coolers, and air conditioning. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud.
Critical features of this job are described under the heading listed on the job description. Nothing in this job description restricts Wild Rose’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at anytime.