Hotel Front Desk-P/T
Contact: HR Recruiter (712-852-5167)
Location: Emmetsburg, Iowa
Reports to: Hotel Manager
Position Summary: Check-in/check-out hotel guests in a timely and professional manner; process all payments according to established procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews and adjusts as need the folios and credit cards to balance and reconcile the Hotel transactions.
- Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt and professional manner.
- Register guests, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location.
- Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures.
- Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned including guest room tours, concierge services, special guest requests, etc.
- Use guest service skills as identified in the Personalized Outrageous Guest Service Program
Qualifications & requirements: Must be able to obtain and retain a gaming license. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Special Attendance Requirements: The Wild Rose Casino & Resort is in operation seven days a week, 365 days a year. Employees will be required to work days, evenings, weekends, holidays, split shifts, and overtime. We are not able to work around outside activities or other jobs unless it is agree to, in writing, at time of hire.
Education and/or experience: No prior experience or training needed. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desirable. Prior guest service experience required. National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) is desirable.
Work Environment/Physical Demands: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time. Must have the ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
Critical features of this job are described under the heading listed on the job description. Nothing in this job description restricts Wild Rose’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at anytime.
After reviewing the above job description, please certify, by your signature below, that you understand what you have read and that you are able to perform this job.
Print Name Signature and Date