Contact: Kat Davis HR Recruiter (712-852-5167)
Location: Emmetsburg, Iowa
The Housekeeping position involves cleaning all areas of the facility including the Hotel,Casino, rest rooms and common areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Efficiently clean rooms, condos, lobby, public restrooms, casino area, VIP area and back of house in select areas.
- Collect and empty trash
- Deep clean walls and carpet.
- Able to communicate effectively with co-workers and guests
- Able to work cooperatively with others under minimal supervision
- Able to write simple correspondence
- Keep work area clean
- Must be safety conscious and adhere to all safety practices
- Use guest service skills as identified in the Personalized Outrageous Guest Service Program
- Meet company attendance requirements.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Must be able to obtain and retain a gaming license. Must be able to satisfactorily complete physical capacity testing for this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Special Attendance Requirements: The Wild Rose Casino & Resort is in operation seven days a week, 365 days a year. Employees will be required to work days, evenings, weekends, holidays, split shifts, and overtime. We are not able to work around outside activities or other jobs unless it is agreed to, in writing, at time of hire.
Education and/or experience: No prior experience or training needed. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desirable. National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) is desirable.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time while cleaning. The employee must exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly. Must use rug cleaning equipment and vacuum to complete tasks. Required to use stairs and ladders constantly, and will be on your feet the entire shift. Required to reach, bend, and be on the move. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud and the casino may be smoky at times.
Critical features of this job are described under the heading listed on the job description. Nothing in this job description restricts Wild Rose’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at anytime.