Iowa Store Sales Associate-P/T
Contact: HR Recruiter (712-852-3400)
Location: Emmetsburg, Iowa
Responsible for guest relations, merchandise sales, coat check and following departmental policies and procedures. Type, answer phones and assist with inquiries. Duties include greeting guests on arrival, thanking guests on departure, promote property amenities, participate in special functions, and provide a high level of guest service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Inform guests of the features and benefits of the Wild Rose facilities.
• Greet and thank guests for visiting Wild Rose; assist public in selecting gifts and other merchandise from the Iowa Store Gift Shop
• Implement displays and presentation of merchandise as directed by Iowa Store Supervisor.
• Check and return coats to guests
• Assist the Iowa Store Supervisor with different promotional offers and duties as directed by the Marketing Manager
• Rotate product to stimulate guest interest and increase sales.
• Process comp redemptions accurately as they pertain to gift shop sales
• Responsible for processing entertainment sales accurately through the ticket box office and function as a will call station for event days
• Handle sales, stock, and check in merchandise in Gift Shop
• Communicate between all key people
• Keep work area clean
• Must be safety conscious, and adhere to all company rules.
• Adhere to Wild Rose grooming and uniform guidelines
• Meets company attendance requirements.
• Use guest service skills as identified in Personalized Outrageous Guest Service Program
Qualifications and Requirements: Must be able to obtain and retain a gaming license. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Special Attendance Requirements: The Wild Rose Casino & Resort is in operation seven days a week, 365 days a year. Employees will be required to work days, evenings, weekends, holidays, split shifts, and overtime. We are not able to work around outside activities or other jobs unless it is agreed to, in writing, at time of hire.
Education and/or experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Prior guest service experience desirable. Computer keyboarding skills required. Work Environment/Physical Demands: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The atmosphere in the casino can be smoky and crowded. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, kneel and bend. May lift or carry up to 35 pounds while carrying out job duties.
Critical features of this job are described under the heading listed on the job description. Nothing in this job description restricts Wild Rose’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at anytime.