Public Safety Officer-F/T
Contact: HR Recruiter (712-852-5167)
Location: Emmetsburg, Iowa
The Public Safety Officer is responsible for protecting, monitoring and providing close escorts for company assets. This department provides security for all daily activities at Wild Rose. He/she takes a personal responsibility for the safety, health and well being of our guests and employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check the identification of guests to verify age for admission and/or Alcohol or Tobacco purchase. Anytime identification is requested, it must be swiped.
- Monitor the conduct of guests on the casino floor; evaluating behavior which might indicate that guests are potentially intoxicated while gambling
- Make an “approach” to guests who have been evaluated for being potentially intoxicated while gambling
- Manage the behavior of unruly and/or potentially intoxicated guests
- Verify all employees have IRGC licenses in plain view.
- Issue temporary credentials to all vendors and visitors.
- Assist with nightly Table Drop.
- Assist Drop Team with Slot Machine drop, open Belly Glass, and move carts.
- Monitor and secure all back of the house entries and exits through the employee entrance.
- Performs facility patrols
- Administer First Aid and CPR until qualified medical assistance arrives on the scene
- Inform the supervisor of any violations of rules, regulations and procedures
- Perform Money and Person Escorts
- Perform Slot Machine Fills, Table Fills and Table Credits
- Witness payments of jackpots won on Slot Machines and Table Games
- Perform guest assistance by answering various questions
- Crowd Control in emergency and non-emergency situations
- Communicate with employees and guests in a professional and courteous manner
- Must be safety conscious, and adhere to all company rules and state regulations at all times
- Handle “Lost and Found” items
- Adhere to the company grooming guidelines
- Use guest service skills as identified in the Personalized Outrageous Guest Service Program
Qualifications & Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation. Must be able to satisfactorily complete the physical capacity profile testing for this position. A PSO must maintain First Aid and CPR/AED certification.
Special Attendance Requirements: The Wild Rose Casino & Resort is in operation seven days a week, 365 days a year. Employees will be required to work days, evenings, weekends, holidays, split shifts, and overtime. We are not able to work around outside activities or other jobs unless it is agreed to, in writing, at time of hire.
Education and/or experience: No prior experience or training needed. Casino and/or Security background desirable. High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) is desirable.
Work Environment/Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee exerts 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly. Regularly required to stand; walk, use hands to finger, handle to feel objects, reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. May use mechanicals aids like carts, gait belts, and dollies to move certain objects. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The casino may be a smoky environment.
Critical features of this job are described under the heading listed on the job description. Nothing in this job description restricts Wild Rose’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at anytime.